Saturday, April 7, 2018

Finally got some live Magic the Gathering under my belt

Played about 10 games in a row with Crabby Gamer this weekend. I had purchased 3 of the Planeswalker starter decks and he had one.

We swapped pre made decks back and forth for the games to test them out. I would have to say his death deck, led by Vraska, was particularly nasty and gave me fits all day. Though I crushed him in at least 2 games his victories were far more convincing over me. Mostly due to poor card draw but I could tell that he had a good set of cards that was well balanced and he played them perfectly. We will NEVER be competitive players and we are strictly casual but it was still a great time proving that casual Magic can be super fun.

With the starters we got two boosters per box so I have 6 packs to open. I will use those to tweak my starter decks a bit.










No comments:

Post a Comment