Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is it any wonder new level 80 players are bad?

"Welcome to world of AOECraft. Where everyone AOE's and hunters do their stupid falling arrow attacks from the sky or whatever that is."

Overheard on our vent last night.

Went through on my 71 shaman and got Magister's Terrace regular and heroic done, also did Shadow Labs. Looking back those Burning Crusade instances were actually HARD. A lot of CC, a lot of corner pulls and tucking groups of mobs away in hallways etc etc. We actually had a few CLOSE calls in there to this day with an 80 prot pally and I duo'ing it. A LOT of trash and a lot of crap the mobs do to you at once. Especially the annoying mind controlling Blackheart the Inciter who took control of the paladin and promptly OWNED my face.

What happened to the game? Soon we will get Triumph Badges everyday just FOR LOGGING IN.

Amazing how times have changed. Ran Utgarde Keep the other day and barely got a spell off as an elemental shaman because everyone just AOE the targets down instantly. Mage, Hunter, and some Retardin. All higher level than me so we blew through it but honestly this cannot be teaching good group mechanics to new players.

Had one person in there with their EIGHT YEAR OLD SON. He was a hunter shooting flares on every pull just to mash the buttons. Sums up a hunter nicely I think.

Not sure where this game will be in 2 years but who am I kidding. I will still be playing it...

9 comments:

  1. yup its one of the reasons I stopped playing my rogue, I remember back when improved sap was a necessity even for 5 man dungeons such as lbrs lol

    I piss and moan about WoW alot these days but its only because its my first love MMO wise. I have high hopes for Cataclysm to perhaps bring back some of the challenge involved but I wont hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are things I do like about the Wrath expansion, but I have always felt that Burning Crusade was the better of the two.

    If you think about it, BC tried to appeal to casuals, but Wrath is all about casuals. Not a bad thing, but you can really see the difference between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do make it way to easy at some points. I'm a level 80 hunter, but really the only time I used my Volly was when I was leveling and pulling 5-6 mobs at a time with my gorilla. It's people like that which give us a bad name. Learn you class skills and memorize your shot priorities. That's ow you become good. I had the same problem the other day. Some mage was AOEing the hell out of everything. It was just flat out annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that skills in the game have been lost. I remember fondly BC heroics which were actually a challenge and spending hours working on instance. Hell, if you ever tried Scholo or Stratholme as a 5man group in vanilla, you really saw a challenge - many 10man groups wiped in those places.

    I don't see why this can't still be the case. Just as heroic raids are a challenge for raiding, why can't heroic 5-mans be a challenge for 5-man groups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen some really bad tanks too, ones that dont even know they are supposed to use thunderclap yet Q as a tank to get in, then ask the group how to tank. That takes a lot of balls if you ask me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, something like that happens...KICK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of AOE craft....my 62 Rogue has zero AOE. It is fucking terrible. I try to build combo points only to see that the target it now dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the only way to remain a little competitive in damage is to roll combat and blade flurry is your friend. Single Target dps rocks but yeah I have no idea why you have to wait till level 80 for fan of knives?! perhaps a change to come in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They need to do something. My rogue was meant to always be my main but raiding is such a pain in the ass with him I have given in. They nerfed fan of knives, the nerfed Hunger For Blood, and it is almost impossible to maintain a steady poison rotation on the new content thanks to movement, being thrown, CC'd, stunned, insta one shot and more.

    I gave up and I am leveling an Elemental/resto shaman since PEW PEW is the way Blizzard wants to drive the game

    ReplyDelete