THE SAME MONTH THAT STAR TREK ONLINE LAUNCHES AND IS FREE FOR A MONTH FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE BOUGHT IT.
Sony: what the hell are you thinking? Why not wait until March when the free month for STO wears off and MMO tourists are seeking to go back from whence they came? Are you crazy?
A variety of billing options can be found on the official Star Trek Online website and 60-day Game Time Cards can be found at select retailers nationwide. 30-day free trials are offered with every retail purchase.
The sad thing I would not mind dropping back in to try this but if you think that my away team and the USS WhateverIcallMyShip will wait for me to check this out you are on crack. On the flip side I guess I could have the best of both worlds and play both games but...I just don't know I think my head would explode from too much sci-fi love.
Someone please fire Sony's MMO marketing division. All of it.
Here are the details:
FEATURES: Star Wars Galaxies™ Galactic Civil War: Forces Under Siege includes new, massive invasion warfare scenarios in three major cities featuring:
o New Gameplay:
- Cities will display Imperial or Rebel banners and faction-specific NPCs, quests, terminals and pylons depending on which faction is in control
- Added support for Factional Mercenaries. Neutral players can align themselves with either faction to participate in city conflicts and earn rewards
- Mayors of player cities are able to set their city’s factional alignment from the management terminal
- Fight battles within newly implemented Planetary Regions to determine which faction controls a planet
o New Interactive Structures:
- Defend cities by manning barricades and building defensive turrets
- Assault enemy cities and take out defense structures and key enemy personnel with the might of AT-AT or Hailfire missile attacks
o All New Profession-Based Quests:
- Contribute to the battle with profession-specific quests that let players bolster defending or invading forces
- Improve and repair defensive structures, revive fallen soldiers, heal fatigue, entertain demoralized troops, slice terminals, scout and sabotage patrol points, and more
o Epic New Rewards:
- Battle-specific quests such as manning barricades, building turrets and treating wounded soldiers, now grant tokens that can be cashed in for new rewards, including: faction-specific clothing including capes, cloaks and battle-scarred armor; Entertainer glow sticks; bombing-run binoculars; an upgraded personal shield generator and multiple new weapons
WHEN: The Star Wars Galaxies™ Galactic Civil War: Forces Under Siege game update is scheduled to release January 26, 2010. The promotional re-entitlement period begins February 1, 2010 and ends on March 1, 2010