Monday, March 8, 2010

I still need to see that movie

So last night I sat down like most poeple and watched the spectacle and glitter that is the Oscars. Honestly I was not gonna bother watching it, but after three very frustrating matches of Modern Warfare 2, server issues on Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and finally my Xbox Live headset dying, I figure it was a sign from the gaming gods that I need to walk away for the evening.

So I grabbed my youngest and curled up in the chair and stayed up much later then I wanted to watching million dollar stars fawn and cry over a little golden man, but while watching the show it dawned on me that there was a lot of movies, that I failed to see last year.

So here is a small list of the movies I didn't see that were, I guess, Oscar Worthy.

Avatar -- Yep didn't see it! Life was very much in my way when it was released.
Blind Side -- Honestly I saw this coming and wanted to see it, but missed it when it finally hit theaters.
A Serious Man -- First time I even heard about this movie, was kinda annoyed I missed it...
Up in the Air -- I am a Clooney Fan so here is another I missed..
Crazy Heart -- Want to see the Oscar Winning Performance...Man...
Invictus -- Looked really good from the trailers.
Fantastic Mr. Fox -- See Up in the Air...
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus -- Heath's final role..
The Cove -- Documentary, looks interesting.
Food inc. -- Another Documentary. Scary!
All of the Animated Short Films -- Cause they all look amazing!

You can check out all the nominations and winners at this Oscar.com

So what movies did you see last night that you missed in the theaters??

2 comments:

  1. A Serious Man and Up in the Air are the two I really wanted to see and missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avatar was great. I want to see it again while it's still in theaters. I'd like to see Hurt Locker but I don't ever recall seeing it in any theaters here.

    Up in the Air? Sure, but I can wait for HBO or Netflix too.

    ReplyDelete