Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Imperial Guard travel - the cheap way

Ok yes I have a Army Transport bag but honestly the pick and pull foam and the low budget I have right now keep me from buying more trays so I can adjust to my new army. What I needed was a cheap easy way to carry a buttload of plastic Cadians around at a moments notice and I found it last week at Hobby Lobby of all places. I know there are a ton of plastic containers out there (we actually have a Plano outlet store near me here in the Chicago area) but these were $1.99 and amazingly I originally bought them for bits and paint.

I got these home and just for the heck of it decided to see if a plastic Cadian trooper would fit inside. Low and behold THREE of them fit into one pocket and the tray even included a long slot that was perfect for either heavy weapon guns (all of mine are detachable) or standard bearers. The best thing of course is that they all fit INSIDE the Army Transport platoon bags I use and stack nicely.

Take a look if you get the chance. These are standard compartmentalized craft bead and accessory holders you see in the store. Hudson out!

5 comments:

  1. Jaaassson! Whats up brother. Stumbled across yer page.....Long time no talk. Glad to see you are getting back into tabletop gaming. Lemme know if you wanna grab a beer and put all the past BS behind us. I've got a blood bowl podcast! haha small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Jon whats up! I dont even remember what the past stuff was ha ha. Im old now, I cant even go up steps so its all good sir. I will have to check out your podcast that sounds great I guess it is the wave of the future. I guess I am kinda back, if 750 points is back...but it is a much improved game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't played 40k in about a year. We did a little mini-team tournament.....I've moved away from all things Imperial and amassed huge amounts of Eldar.....started painting them yellow and black, bumblebees are scary right? Rules are much better now than before, although the terrain rules still confuse me...why go back to "models eye view" instead of having size categories....anyways let me know if you are going to stop by Adepticon at the Westin this weekend (i think you can just walk in even if you arent playin, not sure) I'm playing in a blood bowl tourny there with my Lizardmen team called Lizz in my Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think Im going there Friday and for sure Saturday, the first one since you and I and everyone went there. I hear it is huge now. Im sick though so Friday is iffy. Dang I haven't played Bloodbowl in....man I dont know how long.

    I went back to IG, its the only army I know really. I want a new DH codex but apparently Dark Eldar is more important....COUGH

    Ok Ill walk around and try to find BB then Saturday for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is huge now. A bunch of vendors and now other games like Flames of War. The 40k Radio guys are there too. It's fun to check out. Usually BB is in another room around the corner from the main ballroom. Stop on by, Dean will be there too, and maybe Rufer. It'll be good to see ya.

    ReplyDelete