Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A weekend of dungeon delving

A few War Realmers decided to dust off Descent for the first time ever and play through the opening scenario. For me, this was my first play through in 4 years and I usually play the Overlord since I have to teach the game. The other two players were totally new to the game.

We messed up a lot of rules and as such I failed to kill any of the dungeon interlopers but we had a blast playing the game. The intro scenario has the explorers sent into the dungeon to kill a named giant that is causing a problem. I laid many traps, threw a ton of monsters at them and really went all out, but our misuse of the potion drinking rule really tipped the balance in their favor.

All in all it was a great time and I look forward to expanding into the Road To Legend campaign game. I picked that expansion up last weekend and just need to read it over so we can get started next time we play.

Along with that I played a game of Warhammer 40k this past weekend but got beat pretty soundly. Guard vs. Chaos Marines and the dice were just not with me.

Until next time, Hudson out!

No comments:

Post a Comment