Not following our American holidays the folks at Square Enix were busy working away on Thanksgiving to bring Final Fantasy XIV players a much needed patch. Included in the patch was a HUGE upgrade to the sluggish and laughable UI. Hey to video game nerds this is way better than cranberry sauce and stuffing. The full notes can be read here: HOWEVER to me the most important fixes are listed below:
- Reponse time of the user interface (UI) has been improved.
- Skill and experience bars have been added to the main screen.
- Attributes & Gear has been split into two options on the main menu, Attributes and Gear.
- The profile displayed when examining another player has been changed. Item details can now be viewed without selecting a slot. Active linkshell details are now displayed in the log.
- Scrolling on the map can now be performed by dragging the mouse.
- A Loot option appears in the Interactions menu whenever one or more items occupy the loot list.
- The display of inactive UI widgets has been altered.
- The gamepad can now toggle auto-run on and off, even when a UI widget is active.
- Cursor positions are now saved independently for the Ctrl and Alt macro palettes.
These are just a FEW of the things that were fixed. The list is huge so check it out for yourself and see if your most hated bug was squashed over the holiday.