Looks like a wealth of features judging from this PDF file. To highlight:
IV. CHANGES TO THE COMBAT MODEL:
- 1. AAA lethality was scaled down by a factor of 0.4.
- 2. Adjacent artillery/HQ now will automatically bombard rather than assault if over half their firepower is from ranged equipment. (Note that making this player-optional via popup was too complicated for now). Adjacent
- Naval units now always bombard regardless. So, this will impact naval combat simulation. The “Bombardment Cursor” movement path (in place of the “Assault Arrow” movement path) will appear if this feature is triggered (best seen if “Movement Paths” are set to “Floating”).
- In addition, there are now animated cursors that, if used, can also alert the player to the type of combat that will result.
- 3. A bug in Norm’s code that limited the number of shots that each side could take was fixed. This is an average of about 2 per side. It can vary between 1 and 8 depending on the ratio of armored and anti-personnel equipment.
- This may help with ants, lone tanks and some other items. This only affects the number of shots and not the chance of taking a shot or the chance of penetration.