Thursday, December 2, 2010

The U.S.S. Poseidon enters the Briar Patch

All of us Trekkies love and remember the infamous Riker Briar Patch maneuver from the Star Trek: Insurrection film. Whether or not we liked that movie it was a cool gimmick and the game actually has the Briar Patch in it.

I got the mission to head into the Briar Patch in game and let me tell you I was not disappointed graphically or by how Cryptic set this zone up. The zone was very true to the movie even including gas pockets that you could explode and use as a chain reaction to harm enemy ships. This was a long mission no doubt and started with me having to destroy mobile weapons platforms that the Klingons had setup around a Federation base to seal it in. After doing that I had to destroy a Klingon Battlecruiser which I had fun playing hide and seek with around an asteroid as you can see in the video below.

Finally after all that we had to beam into the station and take out the Klingon party there and rescue some scientists. I wont spoil the total plot but rest assured this mission almost took me an entire hour. I have my difficulty set to ADVANCED for the missions and my scrub crew almost could not handle it. Kudos to STO for making such a fun mission. Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment