Today Slitherine and Wastelands Interactive are proud to announce a new game that will truly replicate all these aspects. The developers of the highly successful Time of Wrath are back to the European theater of war with an ambitious project that will allow players to truly experience what it was to be a decision maker of the period. Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.
The game will take advantage of, as stated above, Slitherine's great PBEM server system that we saw in Battlefield Academy and Field of Glory. The game looks to be an evolution of Time of Wrath from the screenshots on the title's main page. Matrix Games will be publishing. Features after the screenshot. I'm just wondering here but...will the naval rules be fixed and updated?
- A huge campaign map spanning the entire European theatre with more than 40,000 hexes and massive armies of over 1,000 units.
- 5 epic Campaigns covering the entire war starting from 1939-1944 and to 2 smaller campaigns better suited to multiplayer.
- Hundreds of historical events such as the Molotov Ribbentrop pact. Should Germany split Poland with the Soviet Union or risk war with the USSR. Should Germany form Vichy France for a quick surrender and to avoid fighting French units overseas but at the cost of not being able to attack Vichy controlled territories overseas.
- Use Diplomacy points to influence the war readiness and war entry dates of neutral nations. Can Germany keep the USA out of the war long enough to conquer the UK or should it focus its diplomatic efforts on gaining allies in Finland or the Balkans. It’s even possible to cause coups changing the governments completely or to control your own populations ambitions for war.
- Technology system with 5 areas of research. Upgrade obsolete units to modern weaponry. Even invest the atomic bomb and destroy the enemies will to fight.
- Each nation has unique abilities. E.g. German panzers are faster while their supply system is less reliable.
- Play multiplayer against a human opponent or play co-op with 2 human players against the AI.
- Multiplayer handled via Slitherine’s revolution PBEM++ server.
- Play as any country, or any combination of countries with the AI controlling the rest. Fight the war as just the UK or maybe you fancy your luck as Romania, Hungary & Bulgaria! More than 30 playable nations.
- Complete scenario editor for modders that gives the ability to create new scenarios and campaigns.
- Fog of war, dynamic weather, supply and many other factors give player realistic decisions to make throughout the war.
- Use your resources to buy new units, repair, maintain and upgrade them, to research new technologies, invest in strategic movement, naval transport and amphibious landing craft.
- Use strategic weapons to damage the enemies infrastructure.
- Use convoys to keep cities and armies supplied.
- Detailed & historical orders of battle in all scenarios with historical names for hundreds of land, air and naval units for full immersion.
Find out more here: http://www.slitherine.com/games/time_of_fury
Beta testers can apply here: http://slitherine.com/beta_test/time_of_fury