Saturday, January 8, 2011

Steel Panthers WW2 for Windows mini tutorial

I wanted to test FRAPS and my ability to record my use of Windows 7 desktop so I decided that instead of posting a bunch of screenshots talking about Steel Panthers WW2 for Windows (also known as winSPWW2) I would just record what I had learned thus far and post it on YouTube

This is for the Shrapnel Games version of Steel Panthers. You can purchase this game digitally or, like I did, in a snap tight CDROM case with a fully printed manual which includes a pictorial tutorial. The cost is $40. Advantages of the purchased version are higher screen resolutions and wide screen monitor support. The free version is available on their site but limits you to 800x600 resolution.

This tutorial covers simple things like unit interface, artillery plots, moving and loading vehicles. The sound is a bit loud so next time I will be turning off background noises and tuning it up a bit. Originally this was meant to be a test but I was getting into it so it ended up to be about nine minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Nice video! I am thinking of getting back into SP myself after many years. I recently bought Matrix version of the Campaign Series and I do love that game but I just always found SP to be better in that each tank at least is modelled on the screen and the scale of the map is better. I really prefer games that model tanks at least as single tanks and not groups of tanks for small scale games anyway. Just a nervous tick I have I guess :) Great blog, I enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The game really stands the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I'm getting close to buying this one. Just wasn't SP fan when it first came out. But I think I might jump now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went ahead and picked up WinSPMBT as well. Loving both of them. They are perfect for when I want something turn based, small scale. Otherwise its usually CM:SF which I love! And of course Panzer Campaigns for larger scale play. I am really looking forward to seeing what Tiller does with the Panzer Battles. It is amazing how well the Steel Panther games have stood the test of time though as said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good call! Both games are hella fun. I want to see how Panzer Battles plays out also

    ReplyDelete