Monday, May 14, 2012

The leap into Infinity 28mm sci-fi gaming

Having every corner of the miniature gaming genre down is a good thing. Also so is branching out. Since I cannot stand Warhammer 40k and the game it has become I have been looking for a sci fi skirmish game to get into and ever since Beasts of War did their Infinity Week I have been looking at the title from Corvus Belli very closely.

With good fluff, a awesome range of models and a good in depth combat system I decided to pursue this goal and jump into the game. With my Warhammer Fantasy armies done except for the painting I have time now to look at other games and double dip outside the GW realm of influence.

So with the superhero fix settled by SuperSystem the Sci Fi fix will be settled by Infinity. I have two games lined up later this month with some local guys to learn the ropes.

I have decided to get TWO army starters so that I can teach the game to others. I went with Combined and Ariadna. These are the two that visually stood out to me and I like the fluff as well:

Ariadna is made up of the descendents of the first human colonizing ship that disappeared into a worm-hole and was given up for lost. Isolated on a remote and hostile planet, the Ariadnes – Cossacks, Americans, Scots and Frenchmen – have evolved into a hard and technologically less advanced race, which has just made contact with the Human Sphere and is trying to carve out a niche for itself without falling under the control of the other powers.

"Infinity is a game with 28mm high metal miniatures that simulates combat and special operations in a science fiction environment with Manga aesthetics. Infinity miniatures are characterized by the high quality and detail of their modeling, the dynamism of their postures and their futuristic aesthetic."

All the rules you need are downloadable online as is a army builder program and more.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en

Add to this the following site:

http://wargamingtrader.com/infinity

And you have quite a nice collection of source material and add ons for the game. The miniatures I have in the mail are as follows:

ARIADNA



COMBINED ARMY:



Micro Art is also knocking out some KILLER terrain for this game I want to pick up

http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/designed-for-infinity-c-78.html




No comments:

Post a Comment