- First the major change is that advanced campaign mode in the base box.
- There are now "defense dice" to take the math calculation out of the game. You now roll a grey defense die to hopefully block damage
- There are more skill checks now
- The Overlord has spawning rules now and locations on the map. Not just "out of line of sight"
- Shorter quests with plenty of natural stopping points
- Enhanced hero selection and creation process
The changes in the game made it much more tactical and required a lot more thinking. I played Tomble Burrowell who was basically a Gnome Rogue. I had throwing blades and had a nice sneak ability. I could also search "search tokens" from 3 spaces away.
Health potions are now exhausted but can be refreshed, and there is no more going to town to buy things in the middle of an adventure.
Pics are below: