Friday, November 30, 2012

Sims 3 and Chester McBrock


Good sales on Sims 3 expansions this past weekend so I grabbed Showtime, Pets and World Adventurers. 

On to the Sims 3. For right now Chester McBrock is a wanna be politician.

What am I talking about? A Sim has a lifelong goal in Sims 3, a list of the ultimate pinnacle of life that they want to strive for. Based on traits you pick you can manipulate this decision. 

Originally my plan had been to create a Sim that had the aspiration to become a published author. Before that my idea was to have a professional athlete so I could see how in depth the engine got with him becoming a star and having a lot of money and getting into trouble. I decided that I did not want to go that route and would pursue it later and made my first Sim a loner that wrote well and disliked large crowds and kids.


I started with a purchased furnished house and realized soon that that took way too much money out of my pocket and I should have gone with no furnishings and Simply added to the home as I went along. The furnishings I started out with were a little lame and for the most part unnecessary. For example, in my main room I had a book case, a single seat chair, a two seat sofa, a kitchen table and two chairs. No TV, no computer and no means to write anything and actually contact the outside world. If I was going to be a shut in recluse I needed more access to the world outside digitally. My bedroom had two end tables and two lamps, way more than a single Sim needed. I started to sell off many objects to afford a computer and television and make room for a coffee table, where I would Simply eat while watching TV.

This was all well and good except that I started to fall victim to the wrong traits I had picked. About half way in it dawned on me that I could in fact take a career as a politician then I started wondering if I could actually become mayor of the town my Sim lived in. Well my traits were set up all wrong since he had been designed as an antisocial grumpy **** it would not work for him to be a super smiley schmoozer like I would need to be if I were in politics.

In fact, my Sim hated kids so much that he actually would yell at the paper boy as part of a daily tirade. This in turn would cause the would be print hurler to run screaming away from my yard in terror but still give me a good chuckle on the inside. My Sim also had the nasty habit of going off on one particular Sim at the library that always let her screaming brat run around unattended. Needless to say on the friendship scale of things they did not get along.

With my sails down my idea boat started to run adrift and soon I found myself not focused on one career path and near broke. In the span of one week my stove caught fire and burned down during a waffle making fiasco, and then I was robbed of my shower one night by a thief that broke into my house. I called the police but in typical fashion they showed up late and before I knew it I was down a stove and shower. My hygiene score was plummeting so I had to replace the shower and I needed to eat so instead of resorting to quick meals from the fridge I got a new stove.

I honestly tried to become a writer I promise. I had increased my writing skill to 4 by hitting the library and using  my computer to practice, and was at the point that new options opened up when I selected my PC. I could now start a romance novel or a action book, but I just didnt want to do it anymore. I landed a job at the capitol building as a podium scrubber and my career in politics had begun.

My Sim was not setup to be a politician though, he would have to be recreated and turned into a people pleasing mingler. So off I will go this week to set that up and hopefully get him on the right track. Right now his life is a mess. He has the physical prowess to be an athlete but has been raising his writing skill and works in politics. He is almost broke and cannot focus. Back to the drawing board for poor old Chester Brock 1.0 I am afraid. I will follow up with more later this week.

2 comments:

  1. And now I have to buy The Sims 3. I never realized it was a survival horror game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Like many things in my life it turned out that way

    ReplyDelete