Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Aliens: Colonial Marines launches today so why am I not excited?


NOT TRUE to my online gamer namesake Pvt Hudson (I know I am a shame to all Marines) before anyone asks I have not pulled the pulse rifle trigger on a Aliens: Colonial Marines purchase. Waiting for reviews Gearbox Software so do me proud. 

I actually used my money to get my woman Neverwinter beta access. 

Reviews will start pouring in today. I generally do not trust Aliens titles to deliver though. Of course this wont stop me from making Hudson references all day on Twitter (@gamer_hudson) so I got something to look forward to. 

Early reviews I have are "it's good", it's a 5/10 or it's REALLY BAD. Actually most reviews claim it to be bad. This is why you don't pre order an Aliens game


"Hate to say it, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high for Colonial Marines," he wrote in May 2012. "I used to work at Gearbox, and the development of that game has been a total train wreck, going on what, 6 years now?"Gearbox isn’t even making the game, except for the multiplayer. Primary development was outsourced to TimeGate Studios, which has a less than stellar past. I hope it proves me wrong, as I still have a lot of friends still working at Gearbox, but I am expecting it to be average at best."
"If Aliens: Colonial Marines were a Hadley's Hope-style space colony, I'd want to visit for one very specific reason. I'd arrive early, standing at the edge of a cliff on its lifeless surface, holding up red flares as I see the legendary USS Sulaco break the atmosphere, full of eager fanboys ready to play a game with tons of promise andyears of troubled development behind it. Then, I would toggle my radio transmitter to a wide-space broadcast and shout to the heavens, “Do not land! Everything here is dead! Game over, man!”

Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2013/02/12/review-aliens-colonial-marines/

XBOX Magazine:

http://www.x360magazine.com/reviews/aliens-colonial-marines-review/

PC World:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2027860/review-aliens-colonial-marines-is-a-bad-movie-reference.html


No comments:

Post a Comment